Title: Research Associate, Analytical Chemistry
Location: Berkeley, CA
Supervisor: Scientist, Analytical Chemistry
We seek an enthusiastic, team oriented, problem solver to join our Analytical Chemistry group as a Research Associate. Key responsibilities include:
- Utilize analytical instruments such as, but not limited to, GC-FID and GC-MS to analyze fermentation samples
- Work in a high throughput environment, processing thousands of samples per week
- Process large data sets using analytical instrument software and Microsoft Excel.
- Interact with internal customers who rely on high quality data and quick turnaround time
- Assist in the development and maintenance of automated methods and workflows
- B.S. in Chemistry or related discipline
- 0-3 years industry experience
- Hands on experience with analytical instruments including maintenance and troubleshooting; experience with GC-FID and/or at least one relevant field (GC, HPLC, GC-MS, LC-MS) desired
- Understanding basic analytical method development/validation/qualification concepts
- Ability to manage parallel workflows in a high-throughput environment
- Attention to detail and excellent skills in record keeping/documentation
- Critical thinking and ability to analyze data; ability to identify aberrant data and effectively communicate observations to management
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other team members
- Eagerness and ability to learn and understand new concepts
- Committed to safety in a laboratory environment
Checkerspot offers its employees a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Checkerspot is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
For consideration, please submit your résumé and brief cover letter: